High Performance Breathable Fabrics
NEXAR Polymers selectively permeable membranes and coatings provide a unique solution that addresses the needs of textile innovators for high performance, breathable fabrics. They can be used in sports apparel, outdoor apparel & gear, military and industrial uniforms, as well as medical and geotextile applications.
NEXAR Polymers are lightweight and flexible, offer selective permeability in a nonporous membrane, deliver an excellent moisture transmission rate, do not require special equipment or processes, provide high strength in wet and dry environments and are chemical and chlorine resistant.
- High Performance, Breathable Coatings and Membranes
- Sports Apparel, Outdoor Apparel & Gear, Military and Industrial Uniforms
- Medical and Geotextile Applications
Features and Benefits of NEXAR Polymers in Performance Fabrics:
- Nonporous Membranes Allows Selective Permeability - The selective permeability of NEXAR Polymers allow a tremendous amount of water/perspiration to quickly pass through breathable fabrics while blocking potentially harmful chemicals.
- Excellent Moisture Transmission Rate - NEXAR Polymers can be formed into non-porous membranes which allow optimum moisture management over time. Our polymers have the ability to expel moisture at accelerated rates that are in sync with that expelled by the human body. The performance of the NEXAR technology increases as body temperatures rise.
- Does Not Require Special Equipment/Processes – NEXAR Polymers give textile innovators the freedom to select the equipment or process that meets their needs. They work well in both direct or transfer coating applications; spray applications, spinning, and as laminated membranes or as a composite lamination system. There is no need to invest in new equipment or processes.
- Light-weight, Flexible Membranes – Membranes can be applied to 2-way and 4-way stretch fabric while maintaining a high level of moisture transport.
- Chemical Resistance – Excellent resistance at pH >13.5 and pH <1.